Monday

things that may or may not have contributed to my divorce...

you decide....
1. my obnoxious family.  While most families are nominally/marginally dysfunctionally, my family is nothing of the kind.  It is an injustice to try to describe my loving sweet family as Dysfunctional.  my dad thinks he runs the family and is very loud and outspoken about being the God given head of the household, while my mother makes sure he makes every single decision.  Yes, he does, based solely on the information my mother feeds him so the only logical decision is the decision my mother wants him to make :)   So really dad is the head and my mother is the neck.   I have the brother a once again former youth pastor (indiscretions, indiscretions, they catch up to you sooner or later). Oh why bother going on... we are a messed up bunch yet somehow they all think they are better than the rest of the planet.  The other day one of the divine lot took it upon themselves to share with the rest of us (in confidence of course) that one of their children had messed up and was suffering the consequences.  One of my children mentioned that they were aware that something had happened,  oh lord you would have thought someone had mentioned a murder or something.  I was contacted and told that they had only mentioned the unnamed failure of the unnamed child in the strictest of confidence so that those of us with less perfect children would realize their children weren't always perfect.   So, maybe MY family played a role in my divorce.

2. His controlling family.  His mother decided when she met me (I was 12) that he was going to marry me. Then we met again when I was 20 and she controlled pretty much everything.  Where we went, what we ate, where we lived, what my children wore, the rules in my house, bedtime, food, colors on the wall, furniture, vacations, jobs, childcare, you name it, My opinion didn't matter.  It was her way or no way... Maybe his controlling family played a role in my divorce.

3. My dogs.  I love dogs, i think they are members of the family.  I take them to the vet and name them and love them.  He thinks dogs are a dime a dozen and should literally be shot if they are sick.  Maybe my expensive dogs played a role in my divorce.

4. Our children.  We had children too many too fast and some of them aren't healthy.  This added a lot of stress on an already strained marriage.   We shouldn't have ever had kids.  Just the facts of life.  Our DNA shouldn't have ever been combined, ask all 7 of the genetics counselors we have had the pleasure of meeting with for hours on end.   Maybe that played a minor role...

5. Bipolar Disorder.  He has Adult onset Bipolar disorder and doesn't take any meds.   Enough said.

6.  I was tired.  Enough said.

7.  Maybe we just shouldn't have gotten married. 

No comments:

Post a Comment